Weekly progress 3/21

According to the plan, in week 0, I tried to use a new method to manually control the process of Azure Spatial anchor. I calmed down and read the code and proved the feasibility of this method. I also learned some Bolt in advance and tried to use it to make rotating objects. I think Bolt and Blueprint have many similarities. But some strange problems appeared during the test, and finally, I learned and used Unity’s Lean touch to implement this function.

Note for analyzing code

In the first week, I spent some time designing the gameplay. I referenced some games with different characteristics, and also listened to Matt’s suggestions, and conducted some research on the design of escape rooms. I also happened to encounter the advertisement for google home. I tried various entertainment and learning functions provided by Google for the family to get some inspiration. They include interactive voice stories, interactive videos, and mini-games. I haven’t found a more novel way of studying and entertaining at home, but the data provided by Google shows that in the past year, the number of people searching for google home-related functions has increased 8 times. This shows that this year people really hope to do fun activities with their children at home.

Note for gameplay

Besides, I analyzed the actual environment that can be used. I summarized the most common objects in the room as sockets, doors, windows, tables. In the end, my conclusion is that I can design a multiplayer cooperative puzzle game. The cooperation part not only requires player communication but also requires some cooperation to complete some operations. I hope that virtual objects can have a good combination with the real environment. As shown in the figure, the blue part is a virtual item.

I ran into a technical problem this weekend. According to the requirements, I need to build an additional server for the Unity application to transmit anchor information (different from the Unreal example where the ID can be obtained directly). But I cannot compile the server software provided by Microsoft. I decided to ignore this question for now. Although this is an important step, I want to give priority to solving the problem of Android applications. At present, my important questions are: how to save the rotation angle of the object and how to generate multiple objects. The second problem may require a lot of code modification, so it may be a priority problem.

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store